Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Scrumptious Soft Whole Wheat Bread


Really, scrumptious is the only word I can possibly come up with for this bread. I made the Soft Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread from the HBin5 Book and it was incredibly soft, nicely sweet, and just plain yummy. I made the bread on a Saturday and ended up having to make two loaves because the first was gone within no time, and we just had to have some with dinner.

My husband did point out that he was unsure he would use this bread for sandwiches as it is so soft (yes, seriously, soft wheat bread) and he didn't know if the bread would hold up to what he would want on a sandwich. I tended to agree with him, some. Although a PB&J would probably go well with the bread since there is not much weight to it, but there would probably be some crumbs in your peanut butter as you swipe your knife across the bread.


You can see the beautifully browned crust and honey colored crumb. This is truly a favorite bread that will be made repeatedly (in between the other breads I'm doing). The lovely thing is that this book has the recipe to make this dough into hot dog and hamburger buns. I did not make those this time, but as summer gets here and we start using the grill I plan to make those buns and post them here, along with whatever screw-up I happen to make along the way!

No comments: